What will your next fundraiser be? A comedy show? A bachelor auction? A good old fashioned barbeque?
While fundraisers are a great way to bring in additional revenue for your organization, your time and resources are limited, so you want to hold the best fundraiser for your nonprofit’s needs.
Many nonprofits have already figured out which fundraiser is best for their organization by asking these three questions:
- How can I maximize funds raised?
- How can I increase member participation?
- How can I minimize costs to coordinate?
But if you’re just starting out and unsure of the answers to these questions, a survey of 99 nonprofits done by Software Advice (a website that reviews software) may help you. It reveals which fundraising events tend to be the most effective for any nonprofit.
The answer might surprise you: Fun Runs.
Whether you’re a small, medium, or large nonprofit, a Fun Run can have a high return while being easy to plan and budget friendly. They’re also a great way to engage your community and increase publicity for your organization.
If you’re brand new to fundraisers and would like some help getting started, Fundraising Fox has put together a great guide on Fundraising Fundamentals & Types of Fundraisers.
Additional Resources for Organizing a Fundraiser
- How to Organize a 5K (RaceEntry.com)
- 22 Strategies to Take Your Fundraising To The Next Level (SalsaLabs.com)
- The Event Checklist Used By Top Event Planners (WildApricot.com)
- 6 Effective Fundraising Ideas for Small Nonprofits (with examples!) (WildApricot.com)
- The 40 Best Crowdfunding Websites (Fundly.com)